Why Teach?
As a little girl, I used to think I would grow up to be a famous popstar. Hey, I was a child my dreams were big! When I entered middle school I was introduced to band, I fell in love with music and continued to stay in band all the way throughout high school. However, my dream career was different than wanting to be a popstar, I told myself I would be a nurse instead. However, It wasn't until my senior year when I discovered how much I loved music and wanted to do that forever. I decided I wanted to be a teacher instead. If it wasn't for my teacher and how incredible they were in their ways of showing me how I could express myself in all the right ways, then I probably wouldn't be on the right path right now. It inspired me to do the same. It's not just music I want to teach, I would love to teach everything especially to children. I think it's so important to be a good example or an idol to younger children because the impact we could have on them could really change their lives in so many ways, just like my teachers did for me.
Specifically, I would like to teach elementary school kids. Subjects don't matter to me, but teaching them music would be ideal. I believe music class is an amazing place for young children to truly express themselves in creative ways all while learning new things. I remember music class being my favorite thing in 4th grade, it was always so fun and I enjoyed every bit of it. I still remember my teacher to this day because she had that much of an impact on me. Of course I don't want to force my passions onto everyone else, I just want to create an environment where kids can be themselves and use their creative expression to find their own passions.

Being able to express oneself is vital to all parts of our learning and growth. I am so happy that you had such wonderful experiences with teachers while growing up. They provided a model of good teaching for you.
ReplyDelete